In this role, you will be a part of the finance team, which is just one of the many diverse, motivated, and fun-loving teams at Publicis Groupe. If you enjoy creatively working with numbers, want to be a partner in crime for our client teams, are an energetic communicator, and are ready to dive into our clients' daily business activities, then keep reading!
WHO ARE WE?
At Publicis Groupe Belgium we are people obsessed. That’s our raison d’être: to make brands relevant and interesting to people, to touch them, deserve their attention and influence their behaviour, to grow the business of the brands we work for. You could say we move people to move business.
Our solutions are also driven by our focus on people. With creativity, media, and data, we create personalized solutions that impact individuals. Our diverse team of over 200 experts across strategy, data, creation, content, PR & influencer marketing, media, and production fuels our collective creativity.
We are equally obsessed with our talented workforce, earning us the "Great Place To Work" certification and the "Best Place To Work" Award at MM Agency of the Year. We take pride in being the only Belgian advertising agency to receive both recognitions two years in a row. Additionally, we have been honored as the "Agency of the Year" at the AMMA Awards, showcasing our excellence and leadership in the industry.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability are core values to us. Our dedicated DEI Taskforce ensures their integration into our culture, practices, and work. Guided by our Sustainability Director, we actively incorporate sustainability in everything we do, contributing to a better future.
If you are seeking an innovative, people-obsessed, diverse, and inclusive team dedicated to shaping progress, we are a perfect match for each other.
WHO ARE YOU?
This is what matters most to us. We can teach you our methods, processes and frameworks, but you can teach us to make them work. As a Finance Controller, it is your courage, dedication, curiosity and how you connect with others that make the real difference.
- You should possess approximately 2 years of relevant experience in finance and/or auditing. A previous experience in an advertising and/or media agency is a plus.
- You have a deep understanding of accounting and business practices.
- Excel isn't just a spreadsheet program to you – it's practically your middle name.
- You navigate financial programs with the finesse of a maestro.
- You have a critical mindset and are ready to help us realize the impossible, while having some fun in the process.
- You can work successfully within a team, handling high volume workload, and meeting tight deadlines to produce great work. You are not the type to give up during stressful times, camaraderie, collegiality and teamwork come first, always.
- You are a problem solver and have an eagle eye for details.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
This is our bucket list, but we will not be disappointed if we cannot tick all the boxes in the end. All our experts have different backgrounds, which help them shape their day-to-day, that will not be any different in your case.
- Financial Forecasting:
- You gather revenue forecasts and ensure their reasonability.
- You analyze variances compared to previous forecasts.
- Management Reporting:
- You provide ad-hoc financial analysis for the Finance Director and co-CEOs.
- You monitor timesheet accuracy with the Operations and Client teams.
- Group Reporting:
- You report monthly actuals to the Groupe.
- You review and clear balance sheet items.
- You analyze debtors, creditors, and provisions.
- Revenue Management:
- You reconcile monthly revenue and track billings.
- You analyze revenue performance by client and type.
- You manage accrued and deferred revenue.
- Job Oversight:
- You monitor work in progress.
- You ensure client approval before incurring external costs.
- You close completed jobs promptly.
- Financial Records:
- You review and approve balance sheet reconciliations.
- You update FMC controls in PiCT software.
- Accounts Management:
- You monitor debtors and follow up on overdue balances.
- You review creditors and address overdue amounts.
- Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- You coordinate with auditors and internal audit.
- You prepare monthly PiCT report for PGA.
- You provide finance training to the Client teams.
- You develop and document agency financial processes.
- You’ll be thoroughly coached by the Finance Director.
WHEN JOINING US, THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A key position in a resourceful and people obsessed organization.
- Ambitious clients in the middle of their business transformation.
- A competitive salary and benefits program.
- An inclusive organization that recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of colour, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, …
- Experience a truly ‘great place to work’ at the breathtaking, carbon-neutral Gare Maritime in Tour & Taxis. From showers for post-workout refreshment to a food hall for when hunger strikes, our facilities have got you covered. And with the Tour & Taxis Park just steps away, you can enjoy a lunchtime jog or yoga session in the great outdoors.